Webb's Pro Fitness
Laine's Swim Lessons
If you are interested in lessons this summer, we just had registration on Sunday 5/19....buuut Laine still has a few openings as summer is always the quietest sesssion. So, call 781-878-7900 and leave a message for Laine to call you. Leave your name, phone number, child's age and level if known.
Our program is led by our Swim Lesson Director, Laine Kennedy Hansell (pictured at left).
Laine has earned her impeccable reputation as the phenomenal Swim Lesson Instructor she is. Parents come from far and near to get their children into her lessons. We are so lucky to have Laine here with us at Webb's for almost 3 decades.
Laine runs 4 sessions per year: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. The schoolyear sessions run for 10 weeks. The child(ren) take 1 lesson per week for the 10 week period. Laine limits her class size to ONLY 4 children, thus she is able to give undivided attention to each child. (Spring session is the busiest session and we sometimes allow 5 children in some classes to better accommodate the seasonal interest). During the Summer, Laine runs three 2-week sessions (thus totalling 8 classes, as these are Tues thru Fri).
For Swim Lesson Info/Registration ....read on.... Summer 2013 is THREE 2 weeks sessions. You pick which 2-week period works best in your life with your vacations, etc. Laine will teach Tuesdays through Fridays. Her first session is July 9-19. Second session is July 23-Aug 2, Third session is Aug 6-16. If you missed pre/registration: call 781-878-7900 and leave a message for Laine to call you
If we are "mid- session" and you are looking at this website page, go mark your calendar to call us 781-878-7900 around dates below to find out registration dates:
Fall Session Registration is usually the Sat after Labor Day....varies. So, check this website at the end of August
Winter Session Registration is early January, so check this website in mid/late December for exact dates
Spring Session Registration is usually early April, so check this website late March thru approx March 31
Summer Session Registration is usually late May/early June...so look here in mid May
How Registration Works ....info specific to Spring 2013 session...to give you an idea of how registration for fall/winter/spring works.
Laine has devised an EASY super way to register that she has used over the last few years. Members DO have priority in getting in to the lessons. However, non-members can register also if there is space available. Here is how her great set-up works:
If you are interested in registering your child for Swim Lessons
1) you should mail or bring in the "Pre-Registration Form" prior to Wed April 3 for Spring 2013 Lessons. For the Pre-registration form that you must bring in, Click here: PRE-REGISTRATION FORM After we have received these from all those interested in lessons, Laine and one of our Member Services Staff get on our computer and calculate your number for Registration Day( via the Category Descriptions below) (For example: if you have been a member for 4 years and your children have take 3 sessions/year for all 4years you might be #16 so we may tell you to (example) come @ 11am on Registration Day to register.) And - for example - some one who has never taken any lessons and is not a member would be near the end of the registration. We do our best to try to accomodate everyone here.
2) Then,on the next day (Thursday EVENING April 4 or Fri April 5), you would look on our website here on this page OR look at list posted on door at club showing you what time you should come on Saturday April 6 , 2013 for Registration Day to bop in and sign up.
Now.....when you come to Registration Day at the time we post on the website, if the time you wanted is full....we do run lessons with another great instructor: Dawn Harris who is also on our wonderful staff for Fall, Winter, & Spring sessions on Sunday mornings and Tuesday afternoons. The same small class size rule applies (4 in a group).
Category Descriptions for Registration:
CAT #1 - member who pays at least $419 for membership AND has been enrolled in at least 20 sessions with Laine (she keeps track )*
CAT #2 - member who pays at least $419 for membership AND have been enrolled less than 20 sessions with Laine*
CAT #3 - member pays at least $299 for membership AND has been enrolled in 20 session or more with Laine*
CAT #3A - member pays at least $299 for membership AND has been enrolled in less than 20 sessions with Laine*
CAT #3B - member who pays less than $299 for membership AND/OR has been enrolled in less than 20 sessions w/ Laine *
CAT #4 - non-member who has been enrolled with Laine at least 10 sessions*
CAT #5 - non-member who has been enrolled with Laine for 9 sessions or less*
CAT #6 - non-member who has never enrolled with Laine before*
*this does apply to lessons with Dawn Harris at Webb's (i.e. the Tues or Sunday lessons)
If you are a non-member, you may want to think about joining for 2 great reasons:
1. you'll have priority at registration over non-members
2. If you join for a Full or a Pool membership (see our VERY reasonable membership rates here on this website under "MEMBERSHIPS"), you can swim for ONE hour for FREE on FAMILY SWIM nights at Webb's. These are: Fridays 6:30-7:30, Saturdays 5:30-6:30 and Sundays 5:30-6:30. They tend not to be very busy and it's a GREAT time to swim WITH your child(ren). They can bring a friend ($10/child for the friend(s)). But, YOUR child(ren) under age 12 are FREE during this hour to swim. You MUST be in pool area with them. It's a GREAT way to get your kids swimming with you without having to buy a membership for them. Some great membership rates: for only $34.99/month, YOU can have a 1 year ongoing Pool Membership (OR for $5 more....$39.99/month....you can have a Full Membership). Just think of it: for a little less than $10/week, you get to swim the 3 weekend nights with the kiddos AND YOU get to come in and workout any day and use it all!....only $39.99/mo! (Read details on these membership options under the Membership page of this website). Food for thought :)
Spring 2013 Class Schedule
|Course Name||Course Description||Time Slots*|
|Tiny Tot||2 & 3 year old with parent||
|Tadpole||4 & 5 year old without parent. Beginner||Wed 1-1:30
Thurs 9:30-10 or 10:30-11
Sat 10-10:30 or
|4 & 5 yr old without parent.
Must be able to swim 1 length dog paddle and 1 length on back without flotation
|Level II||6 yr old and up.
Little or no swimming experience
|Level III||6 yr old and up.
Must be able to swim 1 length dog paddle (20 yds), 1 length on back using arms and legs.
Rhythmic breathing 10 times.
|Level IV||Must be able to swim crawl and rhythmic breathing 20 yds, back crawl 20 yds & elementary backstroke kick 20 yds||Wed 4:30-5
|Level V** & VI**||Must be able to swim elementary backstroke 20 yds, crawl 40 yds, breast stroke kick 20 yds, and side stroke kick 20 yds, back crawl 40 yds||Wed 5-5:45
|Level VI** & VII**||Must be able to swim elementary back stroke 40 yds, crawl 60 yds, breast stroke & side stroke 10 yds each. Tread water 2 mins using 2 different kicks.||Thurs 4:30-5:15
*As mentioned above,
we ALSO offer lessons on Tuesday afternoons 4:15-5:15 &Sundays 10-11am with Dawn Harris. At Laine's registration, we have a staffperson there with the Tuesday &/or Sunday lesson registration. Anyone who does not get in to the "hoped for timeslot" in Laine's lessons, will have the opportunity to register for the 7 week Tuesday or Sunday session. We determine what levels go at what time on Tuesday/Sunday based on need at registration. Sorry no privates on Tuesday/Sundays. These lessons begin a week ++after Laine's as sometimes folks forget to come to register....and we hope to accommodate as many children as we can.
**Please note: special rate for Levels V, VI, VII as 45 mins in length
Below are the fees for the Spring 2013 :
|Lesson Type||Member Rates
No more that 4 children in a group
|Group Level V, VI, & VII
45 minute class time
SPECIAL NOTES sorry....no make-up lessons.
- Discounted rate for 3rd sibling enrolled - $80 on group lessons only.
- Sorry....no make-up lessons
- For winter sessions: KINDERGARTEN SWITCH: The Wed 1:00 moves to Thur 9:30 and vice versa.
The Wed 1:30 moves to Thur 10 and vice versa
The Wed 2:00 moves to Thur 10:30 and vice versa
- No refunds made after the first lesson.
- No parents allowed in pool area during lessons unless swimming themselves.
- Parents wait in Swim Lesson Waiting Room with full glass view of pool.
|Copyright© Webb's Pro Fitness
Website Solution Provided by New England WebCenters